UConn GPS | Getting Prepared for Success
Individualized College Transition Program
UConn GPS provides you, as a first year or transfer student, an opportunity to learn what it takes to be a successful student at UConn. Move onto campus early and join us for three days of workshops and activities that provide holistic preparation with focus on academic success, knowledge of campus resources, health and wellness, and social involvement and skills.
Goals of UConn GPS
- Develop a plan to maintain physical and emotional health and wellness on campus.
- Increase awareness of disability services and campus resources.
- Become an independent, engaged and efficient learner.
- Prepare for social involvement.
- Maintain physical and emotional health and wellness.
- Create an individualized transition plan to help you reach your academic, personal, and social goals.
Getting Involved in UConn GPS
Any first-year or transfer student with a disability enrolled at the University is encouraged to apply. Due to the individualized nature of this program, space is limited. Students are encouraged to apply early.
Applying to UConn GPS
Upon submission of your application, a UConn GPS representative will contact you to discuss the next steps. Applications are also available at the Center for Students with Disabilities (Wilbur Cross Building, Room 204).
The program fee for the Summer 2022 is $500.
If you have any questions regarding the UConn GPS program, please contact us at (860) 486-2020 or email@example.com.